Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, Julian fostered a music appreciation reflective of the world around him – raw, rootsy, and rich with colors. His music gathers elements from country blues, old r&b and folk music and combines them with a groove-based, indie rock sound.
Peterson’s compelling stage presence is that of an old bluesman. He carries an intense passion beyond his years, trading between soulful vocals, and sweet solo melodies with his 1960’s Gibson. He leads his own trio -Nick D’Agostino (drums) and Reuben Cainer (bass), two dynamic players who aren’t afraid to get dirty and electric, or quiet and tender as the rest of them.
Peterson’s played thoroughly in the New York circuit, as well as in folk and blues festivals along the east coast. He has toured nationally as well, including the first national tour of Greenday’s musical “American Idiot,” where he performed as their guitarist. After living in New York/Brooklyn for seven years, he recently found himself back in his home state of Colorado, performing his own music, and providing guitar support for Megan Burtt & The Cure for Love, and Tape Bleed (formerly Professor Fox Band).
– Songwriting Acheivement Award Scholarship (’05) and the SESAC Songwriting Scholarship (’06).
– First place Berklee Songwriting Competition (’06)
– Julian has opened and shared the stage with veteran artists such as: grammy award-winning Shelby Lynne, Keb Mo’, Susan Werner, Otis Taylor; and fellow New York comrades Lucious, Kyle Patrick (Click 5), Sydney Wayser, and Jen Hirsh.
– Awarded Best Singer/Songwriter at the Hoboken Music Awards, 2009.
– Awarded Best Album of Year for “Get On This Train” at the Hoboken Music Awards, 2010.
– Released “Get Down” single (2012), with dance producer Pink Stallone on Generatto Records.
– Currently working on a new album for release in 2016, featuring past and present trio members [Nicholas D’Amato – bass (Liz Wright, Wayne Krantz, Poppa Chubby), and Nick D’Agostino – drums (Andy Grammer, April Smith, Alec Gross, Nicky Egan)
– Julian was chosen to create original music for Victoria’s Secret “How to Measure Your Bust” online tutorial.